« Home | A Day of Chicago (and personal) TriumphThis is a s... » | Popmatters just published my feature on arcades he... » | An Eventful Day...It's been a month since my last ... » | My newest multimedia review can be found here:http... » | A Farewell to Arca... » | Highlights from the Guitar Hero party...On Friday ... » | 'Pretty Woman' Internet StyleThe Best of Craiglist... » | A story.A few notes you should read before (or aft... » | Life as a beer commercial (Literally)There's stran... » | Halloween in L.A.For me it's harder to get into th... » 

Thursday, January 25, 2007 

Reason #2,395 That Journalism In West L.A. Is Ridiculous...

My editor recently received an email that had this Lindsay Lohan picture attached:



>> Dear Editor,
>>
>> I am the co-owner of the clothing line LOLA. Lindsay Lohan wore one of
>> out hats recently (on her way to rehab). We were wondering if you would
>> be interested to writing an item about it. I included some information
>> about us below. Give me a call or e-mail me if your interested.
>> Here is a link to our website:
>>
>> http://www.lolanewyork.com
>>
>> Thank You,
>>
>> James Cruickshank
>>
>> LOLA
>> The New York based lifestyle brand, LOLA New York has found its way into
>> the wardrobes of a diverse and eclectic mix of celebrities. From Lindsay
>> Lohan's favorite hat to shirts donned by rappers like Jim Jones on MTV,
>> LOLA has established itself as a leading trendsetter among the
>> designers in New York's downtown fashion community.
>>
>> LOLA products include everything from clothing and art to limited
>> edition skateboards and music. They can be found in select boutiques in
>> New York, Beverly Hills, Miami, Osaka, Aspen, Amsterdam, Boston, and
>> London as well as in their flagship store in Southampton, New York.
>>
>> For more info you can visit them online at www.lolanewyork.com
>>
>>

Now, I'm not sure what's more ridiculous in this situation:

1. That a 21-year old movie star girl went to rehab for substance abuse.
2. The fact that said girl going to rehab has been covered more by the media than 1 billion more important news stories.
3. That the creator of the LOLA hat thought our paper would like to write a news story about the movie star girl wearing his hat brand on her way to rehab.

I think I want to kill myself now.

About me

  • I'm Ryan Smith
  • From
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates