« Home | Death, Destruction, and No Whammys I was casually... » | A Spider In The Snow "And as I would walk down K S... » | The Oscar PartyThe Oscars are actually still on r... » | "The Blind Date" - A John Hughes film.I felt like ... » | The Bizarre Culture of Elitism and Status Beverly ... » | ......... Kneel Down to Lord Zod!Dr. Emp... » | Sex, Drugs, and Rock N' Roll - A True Hollywood St... » | Of Street-Performers and Art (sort of)It's Sunday ... » | "Is This the City of Angels or Demons?"“I'm in Los... » | “Hello me ... It's me againYou can subdue, but nev... » 

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 

Postscript

The morning after I posted this line:
"But for some reason seeing the picture of the detached head of the huge Paul Bunyan statue that always made me smile and point when I was a kid driving on Wabash eagerly looking for it and the big sunglass-wearing pink elephant with a martini in its trunk made my heart feel like a lump of 25-cent Laffy Taffy from Hucks."
Ed sent me this picture...I almost lost it after seeing this picture....



I was thinking maybe I can convince President Bush to create some sort of Paul Bunyan tire guy/Pink Elephant Memorial Park in their memory. It's the least they can do to save my childhood memories.

Part II... My job situation is looking a little less bleak. I may have sucked my way into a promotion of sorts (and yeah, there should be a better way to say that). They put me off doing daily journals everyday AKA nonstop typing numbers and now I'm an assistant to the Accounts Payable girl, which is a bit more tolerable. I also had a job interview for my Dream Job on Thursday...I'll write more about it if I actually get it.

Part III...I still haven't heard back from Saska, which is not suprisingly in the least, and kind of makes me happy to tell you the truth.

and the craziest part of the tornados? We had about 5 inches of snow 7 days later ...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ryan Smith
  • From
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates